You can choose this pack as one of your two free downloads when you purchase a Writeboard Kit.
After completion of Stage 2 or if your child already understands the concept of five minute increments, this is the Stage that will teach them how to tell the time in the same five minute increments, while the hour hand is moving.
This process is usually very confusing for a child, however, with our colour coding it makes the chore so much easier!
We have introduced a the colour blue for the hour hand. While the hand is blue it automatically refers to the hour before.
You will see an example of this in our pictures of the templates between 1.05 and 2.00, all the other templates in this pack replicate this same pattern. You will also see an example of the big clock.
To help the environment and also save money on printing costs, sit with your child on the computer and go through the clocks (they are all in order) both with and without the answers. Start off by doing just 20 minutes at a time e.g. 1.05, 1.10, 1.15, 1.20. After doing that, print out the big clock with the minutes on it (e.g. 05, 10, 15 etc.) and use that worksheet with an A4 Writeboard to revise what you have just taught your child.
After your child is confident with the big clock template (with the minutes on it), progress onto the big plain clock without the minutes and repeat the process above. Once your child has grasped the concept of this print out the past and to clock (and use with the A4 Writeboard) to teach your child that there are other names for the time like... five past, 10 past, quarter past, half past, ten to etc
The most important thing is to make learning fun!
This download includes:
- Forty eight flashcards in increments of five minutes with the digital answer.
The following can be used as worksheets with the Writeboard and also printed out to use as flashcards:
Forty eight flashcards in increments of five minutes, without the digital answer.
Forty eight flashcards without the minutes on the outside (e.g. 05, 10, 15 etc) and with no answer.
The big clocks worksheets are as follows:
- Clock worksheet with the minutes on the outside e.g. 05, 10, 15 etc. plus the digital display (to be used with the Writeboard).
- Clock worksheet without the minutes on the outside plus the digital display (to be used with the Writeboard).
- Clock worksheet without minutes, divided into and "past and to" be used with the Writeboard (e.g. 5 past, quarter to etc.)
- Clock worksheet with "past and to" done in the same colour as the minutes e.g. 10, 20, 30 etc.
Clock worksheet with "past and to" done in the same colour as the minutes e.g. 10, 20, 30 etc. plus the digital display
- Plus an Achievement Award for your child for the completion of Stage 3.
Remember you can choose this pack as one of your two free downloads when you purchase a Writeboard Kit.
NOTE: This download is for HOME USE only. If you are a school, teacher, business or professional person you will require a Writeboards Site Licence.