Stage 3 is the last stage for your students. This will teach them how to tell the time in the same five minute increments, while the hour hand is moving.
If you are a parent or carer please click here to be taken to your section.
This process is usually very confusing for a child; however, with our colour coding it makes the chore so much easier!
- We have introduced the colour blue for the hour hand. While the hand is blue it automatically refers to the hour before.
- You will see an example of this in our pictures of the flashcards between 1.05 and 2.00.
- When your students are confident with the big clock worksheet (with the minutes on it), progress onto the big plain clock without the minutes.
- Once your students have grasped the concept of this print out the past and to clock and teach them that there are other names for the time like... five past, 10 past, quarter past, half past, ten to etc.
The most important thing is to make learning fun!
This download includes:
- Forty eight flashcards in increments of five minutes with the digital answer.
- Forty eight flashcards in increments of five minutes, without the digital answer.
- Forty eight flashcards without the minutes on the outside (e.g. 05, 10, 15 etc.) and with no answer.
The big clocks worksheets are as follows:
- Clock worksheet with the minutes on the outside e.g. 05, 10, 15 etc. plus the digital display.
- Clock worksheet without the minutes on the outside plus the digital display.
- Clock worksheet without minutes, divided into and "past and to" be used with the Writeboard (e.g. 5 past, quarter to etc.)
- Clock worksheet with "past and to" done in the same colour as the minutes e.g. 10, 20, 30 etc.
- Clock worksheet with "past and to" done in the same colour as the minutes e.g. 10, 20, 30 etc. plus the digital display
- An Achievement Award for your student for the completion of Stage 3.
NOTE: This download cannot be purchased separately. Schools, teachers, businesses, or professional persons will require a Writeboards Site Licence.
The Writeboard - Our Clear Reusable Writing Board
To find out more about what our Writeboard can do for your students, please choose your category: